HELP DESIGN THE NEXT SENIOR T-SHIRT!
WE STILL NEED THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS FILLED FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR. COME JOIN US AND VOLUNTEER.
Arts in Education
- Promote National PTA Reflections Program.
- Coordinate local unit entries by publicizing, receiving, judging and forwarding winning entries in each category to Wylie Council of PTAs.
- Assist Council with Reflections program where necessary
- Promote art education with the school
- Develop programs and projects that will enhance the beauty of the school and community and to promote environmental education for students and the general public.
- Coordinate activities with the school administration.
- Participate in the district wide paper recycling contest.
- Coordinate fundraising for senior class gift to school.
- Coordinate fundraising for the end of the year senior class celebration.
- Promote senior involvement with PTSA programs and events.
- Organize the end of the year senior class celebration.
Council PTA Delegates
- Participate fully in Council PTA discussions and deliberations;
- Report announcements, important actions and the Council PTA program to this Local PTSA membership and executive board;
- Seek information or approval from the membership on matters referred to this Local PTSA for such approval or information; and
- Report and/or vote as directed by the Local PTSA membership at the Council PTA meeting.
- Promote/assist in all Council projects: ie. WISD Education Gala with the Wylie ISD Educational Foundation and Teacher of the Year Recognition.
- Twitter @WylieEastPTSA
- Facebook Page: Wylie East High School PTSA
- Senior Parents on Facebook: WEHS Senior Parents 2016
FOLLOW SHARE LIKE RETWEET
We are excited to partner with a truly hassle-free fundraiser called Shoparoo! Nationwide, over 10,000 schools are already earning hundreds and even thousands through Shoparoo and it’s a great opportunity for us.
Shoparoo is fundraising made easy: turn pictures of your everyday shopping receipts into cash donations and sweepstakes entries for our school with this free app. There’s no limit to how much money we can raise with Shoparoo – the more supporters, the more we will raise for our school. Also, each of our first 20 participants will earn a guaranteed $1 donation from Shoparoo for their first receipt!
Use the referral code gend1301 to get started after you download the app from your favorite app store. Join us in fundraising today! http://www.shoparoo.com/r/gend1301/
The number one reason to join the Wylie East High School Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTSA membership including discounts and offers from sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joining more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.